求人ID : D123030128
Adjunct Faculty in Technology, International Business
- OVERVIEW OF TUJ INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS STUDIES
TUJ's International Business Studies (IBS) program is designed to equip students with the essential skills needed to thrive in the dynamic world of international business. Through the IBS curriculum, students learn to think critically and form well-reasoned opinions. This is achieved through a variety of engaging activities, including active class participation, case study analysis, team projects, and interactive lectures.
IBS students gain valuable practical experience and an understanding of the complexities and opportunities of the global marketplace. TUJ graduates are well-prepared to confidently launch fulfilling careers
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Seeking an experienced and highly qualified individual to join our team as an Adjunct Faculty member in the International Business Studies (IBS) program. The successful candidate will primarily teach an undergraduate course on Technology and Management Information Systems (MIS)
•Teach one or more courses in Management Information Systems (MIS) and related areas.
•Engage students in the classroom with an interactive and student-centered pedagogy. Provide students with transparent assessment, timely feedback, and inclusive environment.
•Collaborate with other faculty and staff to support the mission and goals of TUJ.
Number of positions: 1-3
Work Location: 1-14-29 Taishido, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo, Japan 154-0004
- 大分野: Social sciences
- 小分野: Management
- Lecturer (part-time)
- Temple University, Japan Campus
- Kanto district ・ Tokyo
- QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
•Master's degree or higher in Management Information Systems (MIS) or a related field from an accredited institution.
•Minimum of two-year teaching experiences at the university level and/or a minimum of five years of professional experience in the field of MIS or a related area.
•Ability to teach a range of MIS courses, including data management, information systems analysis and design, and business intelligence.
•Expertise in the field of MIS through ongoing professional development and scholarly research.
•Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
Visa Requirement: This position is available only to applicants who are eligible to work in Japan (the position does not include visa sponsorship)
- Salary & benefits: In accordance with the pay scale determined and used in the program.
Employment Period: Summer 2023 (May 29th - August 2nd ) with the possibility to continue in the following semesters
Course schedule : TBD
- 2023/04/15 Deadline for receipt The position may be closed before this deadline, once all the positions are filled.
- APPLICATION PROCESS:
Review of applications will begin immediately. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with
1. a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and what appeals to you about the position;
2. full academic/professional c.v.;
3. two references and their contact information (names, titles, institutional affiliations, and email addresses).
Only those applicants who make it past the initial review will be contacted.
Temple University, Japan Campus is committed to increasing diversity and inclusivity in both its community and its curricula. Women, people of color, and other candidates who can contribute to this goal are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Online Submission with all application documents is available.
- "Adjunct Faculty" in the title corresponds to the JREC-IN Portal job type "Lecturer (part-time)" at Temple University.