求人ID : D123030202
Position: Adjunct Faculty in Intellectual Heritage, Undergraduate Program
- Overview of TUJ Intellectual Heritage Program and Position(s):
Intellectual Heritage represents the most distinctive feature of the humanities curriculum at Temple University. It introduces students to intellectually and artistically influential ideas and texts, both ancient and modern. Through a careful reading of primary texts from different cultures, students discover and compare basic concepts and values as expressed in world literature, philosophy, religion, science, and political thought. Students in this course engage in regular classroom discussions with their peers and complete at least one writing assignment in the semester.
Classes are held on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, or Tuesday and Thursday.
These positions are part-time for the semester, with the possibility of continuing teaching in the future. Successful applicants will teach one or two courses per semester.
Number of positions: 1-2
Work Location: 1-14-29 Taishido, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo, Japan 154-0004
- 大分野: Humanities
- 小分野: All Humanities
- Lecturer (part-time)
- Temple University, Japan Campus
- Kanto district ・ Tokyo
- Qualifications & Experience
●Instruction is in English and fluency in English is required
●Master's degree in humanities or social sciences. Ph.D. or ABD is preferred
●Teaching experience at the university level
Visa Requirement: This position is available only to applicants who are eligible to work in Japan (the position does not include visa sponsorship)
- Salary & benefits: In accordance with the pay scale determined and used in the program.
Employment Period: Fall semester 2023 (9/4/2023-12/13/2023)3 with the possibility of continuing in the following semesters.
- 2023/04/30 Deadline for receipt This job may be closed before the deadline in case all the positions are filled
- Review of applications will begin immediately. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
1. a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and what appeals to you about the position;
2. full academic/professional c.v.; and
3. two references and their contact information.
Indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the email subject box. Also, we would appreciate it very much if you could let us know which website/resource you found out about this position.
Only those applicants who make it past the initial review will be contacted.
Contact to: Sawa/Yamasaki
- Online Submission with all application documents is available.
- "Adjunct Faculty" in the title corresponds to the JREC-IN Portal job type "Lecturer (part-time)" at Temple University.