求人ID : D120081098
ELF (English as a Lingua Franca) instructor (part-time) positions
- [Description of the institution (year of establishment, capital amount, number of employees, etc.), details of the business, recruitment background information, project description, etc.]
Tamagawa University is seeking part-time instructors for its ELF (English as a Lingua Franca) Program.
[Job description (work / duties after recruitment, subject responsible for, etc.)]
Teaching university-wide ELF classes in Mon-Wed
[Address of work location and other information]
6-1-1 Tamagawa Gakuen , Machida, Tokyo 194-8610
[Available positions (job title, number of positions, etc.)]
[Starting date, employment date, etc.]
October 1, 2020
- 大分野: Humanities
- 小分野: Linguistics
- Lecturer (part-time)
- Tamagawa University
- Part-time（Nontenured） Part-time position (initial contract is effective until March 31. Then one-year contract, renewable, maximum of 10 years)
- Kanto district ・ Tokyo
- [Public qualifications needed in specific field(s), conditions (education, degree, etc.), experience (how many years) and expertise required for specific field(s)]
1.Qualification:MA in TESOL, TEFL or Applied Linguistics
2.Expert users of English with an ability to conduct ELF classes in English to students with various levels of proficiency
3.Experience in teaching ELF at college level preferred
4.An experience in learning a second/foreign language to the advanced level.
5.A substantial record of publications/conference presentations in ELT and/or related areas.
6.Have a legal status to work part-time at a higher education institution (Japanese citizenship, permanent residency or a relevant visa).
- Each semester consists of 15 weeks of classes and a final examination. You are responsible for making up cancelled classes. Final examination is scheduled in the 16th week. In compliance with our academic calendar, classes may be held on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays in order to secure 15 weeks.
Information about the salary is provided to applicants at the interview stage.
- 2020/08/21 - 2020/09/03 Deadline for receipt September 3 or when the position has been filled.
- [Application documents, application (submission) method (Mail, attachment to e-mail, details on using the web application, etc.), destination (address, e-mail address, web application URL, etc.)]
Please send your application materials by registered mail. Application by e-mail will not be accepted.
1.A cover letter indicating your teaching and research backgrounds as well as your understanding of English as a Lingua Franca.
2.CV (with photo) including a) a list of academic and educational activities, b) a list of publications (specify refereed or non-refereed) and/or conference presentations, and c) a list of references.
Send documents to:
Center for English as a Lingua Franca, Tamagawa University, 6-1-1 Tamagawa Gakuen, Machida, Tokyo 194-8610
[Selection details (interview / selection location, selection method, notification of result, etc.)]
We may ask the candidates for additional materials if necessary. Successful candidates will be invited to an interview.
[Result notification method, whether application documents can be returned or not, etc.]
The result of your application will be conveyed by email. Application materials will not be returned. All the application materials you have submitted to us will only be used for the present recruitment in accordance with our Privacy Protection Policy and will be discarded once the selection process has been completed. Successful applicants' materials will be kept on file for possible future consideration.
[Contact information (department, official position, name, institution e-mail address and phone number of the responsible person)] * Important
Center for English as a Lingua Franca, Tamagawa University, Tokyo
- Online Submission is Not Available.
- Classes are scheduled in 100 min X 2 days a week format (Mo & We or Tu & Fr). A part-time teacher is normally expected to teach two classes. A total of 50min x 8 slots a week maximum for a part-time instructor. After an initial screening, your application will be kept until March 31st, 2021 for possible further openings. You will be invited for an interview when positions become available. Applicants are responsible for transportation expenses for interviews.