求人ID : D120090112
Full-time Visiting Lecturer in ESL/EFL (April 2021)
- Full-time Visiting Lecturer in ESL/EFL for Asia University's Center for English Language Education (CELE), Musashino-shi, Tokyo.
1-year appointment with the possibility of renewal for an additional 4 years (therefore, maximum term possible is 5 years), from approximately April 1st, 2021.
Duties include: teaching up to 20 hours of EFL per week (one classroom hour equals 50 minutes of instruction); attending all regular and special CELE faculty meetings; serving on a CELE administrative committee; providing service as a substitute instructor when necessary; and completing an approved project.
- 大分野: Social sciences
- 小分野: Education
- 大分野: Humanities
- 小分野: Linguistics
- Associate Professor/Lecturer (full-time) level
- Asia University
- Full-time（Nontenured） 1-year contract(s), to a maximum of 5 years' total employment
- Kanto district ・ Tokyo
- Minimum Qualification Requirements:
A Master's degree in TESL/TEFL or English Literature from an accredited university. A Master's degree in another field with a TESL/TEFL certificate may be considered. One year of teaching experience at the university level (includes TA-ships) is also required.
- 1. Monthly salary is approximately 320,000 yen before deductions for tax (if applicable) and the mandatory health insurance.
2. In addition to the regular monthly salary, the equivalent of one month's salary is paid two times a year, in June and in December.
3. CELE classes are from 8.35am-5.00pm Monday-Friday, with lecturers teaching up to 20 classroom hours per week.
4. Teachers are required to work two 13-week semesters per year. Aside from a week or so before and after each semester (preparation/grading periods), all days outside the established working periods are deemed paid time away (most of August/September, and most of February/March).
5. All faculty are required to enroll in the Private Schools Employees Union. The membership premium is equal to approximately 20% of an individual's monthly salary and bonuses and is shared equally by the University and the employee. Coverage provided is 70% of medical and dental expenses, which is applicable for dependents as well.
- 2020/09/30 Deadline for receipt
- Application Procedures: The following must be submitted to Asia University:
1. Asia University application form (do not send your standard resume/C.V.)
2. Official transcripts showing awarding of all academic degrees earned.
3. Copies of diplomas for all academic degrees earned.
4. At least two letters of recommendation, e.g., from current employer and a program advisor.
5. Days and times when you can be reached for a video conference. Please use Japanese Standard Time.
Email or posted applications are accepted.
Center for English Language Education (CELE)
Asia University International Center
Musashino-shi, Tokyo, 180-8629
*Please note that application materials submitted by post cannot be returned.
Personal information will be treated with confidentiality.
- Online Submission with all application documents is available.