求人ID : D120090118
Full-time Native-level Elementary School Homeroom Teacher needed at Seirei Christopher Elementary School
- While Seirei Christopher Elementary School (SCES) just started in April 2020, the parent organization, Seirei Gakuen, was founded in 1966. Seirei Gakuen is a provider of total education system from Early Childhood Education to Graduate Programs.
Student capacity: 360, Full Time Teachers: 13, Full Time Admin Staff: 3
We are primarily seeking full-time elementary school homeroom teachers as we are expecting to double our current student enrollment in the coming year.
English-speaking homeroom teachers will primarily be in charge of leading morning meetings; lesson planning and teaching all subjects except for social studies and Japanese language arts; other general duties expected of homeroom teachers.
Location of SCES: 3453 Mikatahara, Kita-ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, 433-8105 Japan
Number of vacancies to be filled: 4
Expected start date: April 1st, 2021
- 大分野: Humanities
- 小分野: Linguistics
- Seirei Christopher Elementary School
- Tokai district ・ Shizuoka
- 1. Understanding and support for the schoolʼs Christian history and mission of “Love thy Neighbor" (no religious requirement)
2. Teachers with a bachelorʼs degree or higher who fall under one of the following categories:
(1) Possessing an accredited Elementary School License (preferred)
(2) Possessing recognized subject specializations and meeting the required criteria for a “Special
Teaching License" in Japan such as:
-Experience teaching in a class related to subject-specialization at an accredited school or
international educational institution (approx. 600 hours or more)
-A Middle or High School teaching license from an accredited institution of higher education
3. Teachers with experience and/or understanding and strong interest in an inquiry-based curriculum such as the IB PYP
4. Teachers who possess experience in English immersion or dual language classrooms and/or qualification in TEFL/TESL/TESOL
(Desired, but non-mandatory qualifications)
1. It is highly desired that applicants have teaching experience of at least 2 years. This experience is not necessary for new graduates of accredited teacher training programs.
2. Willingness and ability to work in Japan for at least 3 years
3. A demonstrated/articulated understanding of Japanese culture and language
NOTE: This is not a recruitment for Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) positions.
- Salary will be in accordance with experience and following the standard school salary regulations as outlined by the National Public Service Salary Table (approx. 200,000 to 430,000 yen per month before taxes); Twice-per-year bonus (currently approx. 4.4 times monthly salary); 1 year probationary period; 1 year contract renewable
Working hours are 7:45am - 4:30pm; Events such as Open School days are scheduled on some Saturdays in addition to the regular work week.
Benefits include health insurance, travel support (limited), retirement contributions (national & private), housing support, transportation support
- 2020/09/03 - 2021/03/01 Postmark deadline Teachers will be hired on a rolling basis.
- Please send the required documents to: email@example.com
a. Resume/Curriculum Vitae (if possible, in English and Japanese)
b. A separate job history sheet
c. Statement of interest, motivation and educational philosophy
d. A copy of graduation certificate and transcripts showing degrees awarded
e. A copy of teaching license
f. Official Transcripts (required from finalists)
g. Three Professional references
h. Proof of meeting qualifications outlined above if not in possession of teaching license
After initial review, qualified candidates will be asked to do an interview (online if necessary) and to deliver a simulated lesson. There may be an additional short writing test.
Results will be communicated individually via email. Documents will not be returned. All documents will be considered private and will not be used for any purposes other than possible future recruitment or legitimate post-recruiting administrative reporting.
For any questions pertaining to application procedures, please address:
English Immersion Program Coordinator
Seirei Christopher Elementary School
- Online Submission with all application documents is available.
- Seirei Christopher Elementary School (SCES) will be one of the most innovative elementary school programs in Japan. In addition to implementing an English immersion program, SCES is currently implementing an inquiry-based learning program. The SCES curriculum is integrated and inter-disciplinary. The SCES program will be a six-year fully accredited Article One elementary school approved by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. SCES currently has no plans of becoming an independent “international school."