求人ID : D121010076
Research Scientist or Postdoctoral Researcher Positions(W20177)(Atsushi Takata Lab. for Molecular Pathology of Psychiatric Disorders)
Laboratory for Molecular Pathology of Psychiatric Disorders, Center for Brain Science (Laboratory head:Atsushi Takata)
Computational Science, Biology, Medical Science, Interdisciplinary
Psychiatric disorder,Genomics,Epigenetics,Statistical genetics,Animal model,Primate,Single-cell,Machine learning
Our laboratory has just been launched in July 2020. Our goal is to elucidate the biological basis of neuropsychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia, mood disorders, and autism spectrum disorders, and to develop new diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive procedures. Our research topics include (but are not limited to) statistical analysis of large-scale genetic data, multi-omics analysis of the human postmortem brain, and analysis of animal models carrying a robust causative mutation discovered through human genetics studies. Key resources for these analyses, such as a high-performance computing system, a large collection of patient-derived materials, and a laboratory animal facility are available in our laboratory and/or our institute.
[Job title and description]
Research Scientist or Postdoctoral Researcher, a few position(s)
Carries out research and other work in accordance with team research themes. Basically defined as those with a doctoral degree more than 5 years.
Carries out research and other work in accordance with team research themes under the direction of supervisors. Basically defined as those with a doctoral degree of 5 years or less.
The successful candidate will work on researches directly or indirectly contribute to reaching our final goal: the elucidation of the molecular pathology of psychiatric disorders and the development of new diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive procedures. We also have the utmost respect for the researcher's own interest and motivation, and consider scientific excellence as the key performance indicator.
Branch and address
RIKEN Wako (2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198)
[Start of employment]
- 大分野: Interdisciplinary science and engineering
- 小分野: Computational science
- 大分野: Biology
- 小分野: All Biology
- 大分野: Medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy
- 小分野: Medical Science
- Researcher/Postdoc level
- RIKEN(The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research)
- Kanto district ・ Saitama
- We seek a highly motivated researcher with an interest in statistical genetics, bioinformatics, and/or molecular biology of neuropsychiatric disorders. Applicants should possess a PhD in a related field. Candidates with a strong publication record and direct experience in statistical analysis of large-scale genetic data, next-gen sequencing experiments and data analysis (e.g. DNA-, RNA-, ChIP-, and ATAC-sequencing including single-cell or spatially resolved analysis), integrative analysis of animal models of neuropsychiatric disorders, and/or software programming (e.g. bioinformatics and machine learning packages in Python and/or R) will be most competitive.
- For details about "Salary and benefits", please refer to the above "Job posting URL".
- 2022/01/07 Deadline for receipt Until the position is filled
- [Application and required documents]
Please refer to the above "Job posting URL" regarding the "Required documents".
How to apply:
Send the PDF formatted application by email to atsushi.takata[at]riken.jp
(Recommendation letters must be emailed directly from the reference to atsushi.takata[at]riken.jp)
Note: Application documents will not be returned.
Until the position is filled
Application screening and interview (and oral presentation) by selected applicants
[Contact information/Send application to]
RIKEN Center for Brain Science
Laboratory for Molecular Pathology of Psychiatric Disorders
2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama 351-0198
For inquiries, please send an email.
- Online Submission is Not Available.